Monday, June 24, 2013

White Chocolate Wedding Cake- For Amy

White Chocolate Modeling Clay was the theme of this Wedding Cake. This was my first foray into the world of Modeling clay. I normally work only in icing, but this cake was for a good friend and I wanted a certain look. I wanted something modern and bold as well as soft and beautiful. I love the way this came together, I like that it has a classic look as well as a fashion forward vibe.
The Black placards were rolled out with a rolling pin, then trimmed to fit the large square bottom tier, then placed in the freezer to make them stiff for transfer on to the cake.
The ruffles were also rolled out then torn into strips to get a ragged edge. Then each was rolled into a "rose" or a ruffle.
The difficulty for me was the unexpected weight of the chocolate. I had to be especially careful of the weight being concentrated on one side of the cake. While this cake is firmly dowelled as all of my stacked cakes are, this much weight on one side was a concern for delivery. I used small dowel/skewers to place some of the chocolate to support the weight.
This was one of the scariest deliveries I have ever had to make.
It arrived in one piece and The Bride was very happy.
I'm not sure I would want to do this one again. I don't think my nerves could take it.
It was lots of fun to try and I learned quited a bit about Modelling chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment