Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pretty Piped Birthday Cake



I was asked to do a last minute Birthday Cake for a good friend and was stuck as to what to do with it. I opted for lots of borders. On the top I used a #124 Rose tip and used a scallop technique. I added another U shape with a #23 star tip and then the darkest blue detail is done with a #4 writing tip.


Under the Rose and Carnation design I laid down a spray of green stems with a #4 writer and then just a touch of leaves.

The side detail is a #23 star tip is used in the bottom shell border and the C shape above the  Blue scallop that mimics the top detail. The Sweet Pea detail is done with a #124 Rose and the dot detail is a#4 writer.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the best design cakes I have ever seen it has so much detail. I was looking at your cake design to make a special birthday cake for my mom . You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete