Friday, August 15, 2014

How To Train Your Dragon Cake- Photos and Video

Stormfly, from the How to Train Your Dragon Series, was actually quite difficult for me to figure out how to create. The cake is intended to look like the Dragon's Nest with different colored wings and ice around the base. 

I originally pictured more wings and in fact made many more pairs that I didn't use. They as well as the ice are made from cany melts. 

I wanted the dragon to appear that it is peering over the side of the nest. I had to figure out how to secure the the weight of the head. I ended up using a giant marshmallow for the base of the head attached to a skewer.

The overall effect was quite dramatic! These huge looming wings really added to this effect!

See the how to create this design here :


No comments:

Post a Comment