Friday, March 14, 2014

Duck Dynasty Cake in Butter Cream by Anita

This Cake is just amazing. My Friend Anita sent this for us to see.
She did a fantastic job. Anita has a great had for Character Cakes. She also shared her process with  us:
Cake is made from a 1/2 sheet pan.  I used a stencil made from parchment paper and drew the out line on the cake. I then used a knife to cut away the extra cake. Using buttercream icing I iced the face area with flesh color. I piped on his face with tip #12 fir his nose, chin, and cheeks.  Eyes are in white with tip#7. Brown eyes with black pupils. I placed a thin slice of the extra cake right above his forehead for the bill of his hat to give it dimension.   I mixed gray and black and used the hair tip for his beard, mustache,  and eyebrows.  I mixed 4 different colors of brown for his camo hat. Last but not least I added his glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment