Friday, May 24, 2013

Camouflage Wedding Cake by Leah

This was my first wedding cake for a close friend.  Of course the theme was Camouflage.  This cake was a little difficult.  After constructing the cake, I started airbrushing first, free-hand.  It took layers of color to get the intensity of the camo.  Before the flowers, it was kind of hideous, and I was a little worried.  The extra large white roses created the contrast and relief of the intense color.  I then piped the leaves around the roses.  It is hard to see in the picture, but there are also big oak leaves and some smaller ones made from pie dough that added some more dimension and brought the camo into the rose border.  The bride and groom were thrilled.  Its a great example of how a decorator has to put their own taste aside to please the customer.  I'm glad I had the chance to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment